15.7.08

Running With Scissors (ch3)

All right, I finally finished this! w00t!

Running with Scissors

Chapter 3
Fridays with Mr. Belly


omgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbq

Tomomi was busy.

She was very busy.

There was no way she could be made to pay attention now.

She was staring at the kabuki guy, her second patient, who was, apparently, quite interesting, and mumbling to herself.

It made me wonder what he looked like…

I sighed and turned back to my unnaturally pale attendee.

He seemed to be drawn in black and white, almost no other color visible on his entire body. The only other hue was red, a deep, wholesome crimson, which I currently had, after sewing his stomach wound up, washed gently off his body and currently was suspended in a gentlesphere floating near my right ear. I’d already done a primary exam, checking for poison, wounds, mental scarring, blisters, uncauterized gashes, anything that could make his condition worse.

In his sleep, this man was so peaceful. He seemed completely apathetic, emotionless; a trait that marked him immediately in my mind as an ANBU ROOT Ops nin. His warped hitai-ate bore the Konoha leaf, barely recognizable after all the bending it had endured. Once I had gotten off his clothes, conducted the exam, and covered his privates respectfully with a piece of cloth, I sat back to watch him.

Treatment time: Twenty- six minutes, three-point-six seconds.

Upon seeing this male, I had understood he was used to working either in black or at night. His skin was a translucent white usually associated with anemia; however, as far as i could ‘see’ it was not the result of a medical condition, just very light skin. It struck me that if he was a ROOT Ops nin, he wasn’t going to tell me anything when he woke up. My conscience scolded me, reminding me that he would be nice to have there, helping us. They don’t take just anyone to be an ANBU, much less a ROOT Ops. Danzou wouldn’t have such a fierce reputation if he did.

omgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbq

Hey, this guy has weird paint.

I know I’m not supposed to touch stuff I’m not sure of, but it doesn’t really matter. Dragging a finger through the stuff I’d sucker-pulled off his face, I considered it. It was purple.

I decided to do face-paint, because all the other patients were taken care of.

Lemme tell you, that stuff may look weird, but it feels weirder. Like slugs. Personally, I thought it was awesome. I can’t see my face, so I decided to draw on my chest instead. After ridding myself of that stupid cloak and putting on some shorts for decency’s sake (I don’t care, but Onee-sama and Ryuusei-san do) I started by painting a smiley face on my belly, with my bellybutton as a nose. Yes, I remembered the bellybutton. Then I started talking with Mr. Belly as I waited for cat-man to wake up.

“Hi, Mr. Belly!”

“Hey there, Tomo-chan! What’re you doing today?”

“Today we’re dealin’ with some Konoha and Suna shinobi!”

He was waking up, and I decided to give him about ten more seconds of groggy-time.

“Sounds like fun! What do they look like?”

He rolled over and looked at me.

“Well, one’s black and white, another one I haven’t seen, and the other two are Tanuki-san over there and Kitty-man over here.”

He cleared his throat. “Does… does it really look like a cat?”

I spun to face him. “Well, yeah, but--”

The guy went an even brighter red than Tanuki-san’s hair. He blinked a couple times, jaw wide open, and I noticed I wasn’t wearing a shirt. Stupid me. Watching him, I put on a breast-binding and cocked my head to the side. “What?”

“Y-you weren’t wearing anything.”

“I noticed now.”

“Oh.”

It was quiet, and I took the opportunity to check outside. “Thirty-six minutes until shutdown!” Ryuusei nodded.

“What’s your name?”

He blinked once before answering. “Kankuro. The, uh, Tanuki-san--” said shinobi shot him a glare-- “-is my brother, Gaara. That’s Sai, and there’s Kiba. We..” he coughed and I frowned, pushing him onto his back. I wrapped my fingers around his throat, rubbing at the sore spot he had on the side of his trachea.

Making a ‘tsk’ sound with my toungue, I shook my head.

Kankuro-neko-nin was red again…

omgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbqomgwtfbbq

Okay, sorry for the confusion. I haff been corrected; Stretchy in the cloak is Tomomi. Gomen.

Yeah, I realize it’s been forever. I’m just too lazy… argh..

Comment?

No comments: